- All claims for warranty must be submitted via our Warranty Claim Form (link located above). We reserve the right to request the information included in the claim form to investigate the issue being experienced and the subsequent cause of the issue, including but not limited to, the installing electrician’s license number, date of purchase, place of purchase and details regarding the installation, such as if an alternative power source has been used, if the product is installed on an isolation switch, etc.
Any claim for warranty will not be considered without a valid, completed Warranty Claim Form. If you do not wish to provide this information, replacement parts are available for purchase.
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company product purchased in Australia is provided by the authorised product distributor in the state or territory where the product was purchased.
To obtain the best performance from a ceiling fan, it is crucial that the correct size of fan is properly installed in the optimum location. We cannot arrange for, or cover the cost of, an in-home visit by service personnel in relation to the airflow or other performance of your product except in cases where we have determined that such issues may be a direct result of a manufacturing fault or defect (material or workmanship). Ceiling fans that do not perform as desired and which are deemed not to have a manufacturing fault, will not be replaced or exchanged under warranty.
All ceiling fans and associated products must be installed by a licensed electrician. Installing electricians who are experiencing problems with installation or who cannot get the product to operate correctly once installed, please refer to our On-Site Trouble-Shooting Guide.
The benefits provided to you by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company product purchased in Australia begins from the day of purchase.
The ceiling fan itself, (excluding accessories such as the Remote Control Transmitter and Receiver, Accessory Light Kit & Wall Control), is covered by a 12 month warranty. During this period, we will, at our discretion, repair or replace products considered to be defective due to a manufacturing fault.
Remote Control Receiver and Transmitters (Handsets), Accessory Light Kits (integrated or externally mounted) and Wall Controls are covered by a 12 month warranty under the same conditions as described for fans.
Repaired or replaced products
Any replaced or repaired product is covered only by the balance of the warranty remaining on the original article.
Transfer of warranty
Warranty is non-transferable. Warranty will only be provided where an original purchase receipt is produced.
Terms and conditions
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company product purchased in Australia is provided on the following terms and conditions;
- You should consult EID Fans by email or by submitting a Warranty Claim prior to making any arrangements to service or remove the product. Reimbursements for labour or product delivery costs will not be met should a product be serviced, removed or returned without prior approval. Reimbursements for labour or product delivery costs will not be met in the instance where the issue being experienced is not a result of a manufacturing fault or defect.
- In the event of a manufacturing fault or defect, EID Fans will provide a repair or replacement of the product. In the event that we are unable to provide the same product, or one of same value, a refund of the product price will be provided (on the faulty or defective unit only).
- The cost of obtaining or using any required special access equipment (scissor lifts, scaffolding, long ladders, etc.) to install or remove the ceiling fan is specifically excluded, and it is the responsibility of the owner to provide such equipment and have it safely installed and operated.
- The warranty for the fan does not cover damage to the fan if it is moved from one dwelling to another during the warranty period. The warranty is voided in total if the product is sold as second hand goods.
- Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company ceiling fans not purchase and installed in Australia are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Fans not installed by a licensed electrician are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Batteries for remote controls and globes for light kits, if supplied, are complimentary only and are not covered by the warranty.
- Any damage incurred to the product after delivery to the owner, that is not caused by a fault in the products’ materials or workmanship; damage from lightning or power surges; damage to the fan due to incorrect installation; damage to the premises due to incorrect installation; noise or other influence of ripple control or information access systems operation over power delivery infrastructure; water damage of any kind; installation or use outdoors; damage arising from connection to or use with alternative power systems (e.g. inverters, solar, etc.) are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Ceiling fans used incorrectly, accidentally damaged, modified in any way or not serviced in accordance with the maintenance instructions are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, any claims for damage to furniture, carpet, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly resulting from a fault ceiling fan will not be meet under this warranty.
- EID Fans P/L reserves the right to charge a service call fee where; there is nothing wrong with the ceiling fan or; the defective operation of the ceiling fan is due to failure of electricity or; the installation is not in accordance with installation instructions and/or applicable local regulations or; the defects have been cause by incorrect application or abuse of the ceiling fan or the damage has been caused by unauthorised persons attempting to repair the fan.
Australian Consumer Law
In addition to your rights under this warranty, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the good repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.