Ensure you do not void your warranty
All ceiling fans distributed by EID Fans (Iconic Fan Company and The Modern Fan Company) must be installed by a licensed electrician. Should you experience any problems with your ceiling fan, or any missing or damaged parts, the customer or electrician must contact EID Fans P/L before installation. Should you experience any problems with your ceiling fan after installation has occurred, please contact EID Fans before servicing or removing the product. For full Warranty terms and conditions, please see below.
How to claim your warranty
To receive a repair or replacement under this warranty, we require the following information:
- Your details, including your name, contact number and address of installation
- The date your product was purchased and the place of purchase
- A purchase receipt or original bill of sale
- Details of the model name and product number (as shown on your receipt or the installation guide)
- The name, contact number and license number of the electrician who installed the product
Please download a copy of our Warranty Claim Form and return it either by emailing email@example.com or faxing (02) 6040 1419. A Customer Service Representative from EID Fans will contact you within 24 hours (during normal business hours – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company product purchased in Australia is provided by the authorised product distributor (EID Fans P/L) in the state or territory where the product was purchased.
To obtain the best performance from a ceiling fan, it is crucial that the correct size of fan is properly installed in the optimum location. We cannot arrange for, or cover the cost of, an in-home visit by service personnel in relation to the airflow or other performance of your product except in cases where, following over the telephone trouble-shooting, EID Fans P/L has determined that such issues may be a direct result of a manufacturing defect (material or workmanship). Ceiling fans that do not perform as expected or desired and which are not faulty will not be replaced or exchanged under warranty.
All ceiling fans and associated products should be installed by a licensed electrician. Installing electricians who are experiencing problems with installation or who cannot get the product to operate correctly once installed should read the ‘Trouble-Shooting Section’ of the installation guide or contact EID Fans P/L.
The benefits provided to you by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company product purchased in Australia begins from the day of purchase.
The ceiling fan itself, excluding accessories such as the Remote Control Transmitter and Receiver, Accessory Light Kit & Wall Control, is covered by a three (3) year on-site warranty. During this period, EID Fans P/L will, at its discretion, repair or replace products considered to be defective due to a manufacturing defect (material or workmanship).
Remote Control Receiver and Transmitters (Handsets), Accessory Light Kits (integrated or externally mounted) and Wall Controls are covered by a one (1) year on-site warranty under the same conditions as described for fans. No further warranty is offered on these items after the 1 year period.
Repaired or replaced products
Any replaced or repaired product is covered only by the balance of the warranty remaining on the original article.
Transfer of warranty
If the premises where the ceiling fan or remote control is installed changes hands, the balance of the warranty passes to the new owner, provided that the original bill of sale for the product is retained by the new owner.
Terms and conditions
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company product purchased in Australia is provided on the following terms and conditions;
- You should consult EID Fans P/L by telephone or email prior to making any arrangements to service or remove the product. Reimbursements for labour or product delivery costs will not be meet without prior approval.
- Labour costs (to a maximum of $100 inc. GST) and product delivery costs relating directly to a warranty claim will be meet by EID Fans P/L during this period, however it is the responsibility of the owner to arrange for a licensed electrician to complete any necessary labour.
- The cost of obtaining or using any required special access equipment (scissor lifts, scaffolding, long ladders, etc.) to install or remove the ceiling fan is specifically excluded, and it is the responsibility of the owner to provide such equipment and have it safely installed and operated.
- The warranty for the fan does not cover damage to the fan if it is moved from one dwelling to another during the warranty period. The warranty is voided in total if the product is sold as second hand goods.
- Iconic Fan Company, The Modern Fan Company or The Period Arts Fan Company ceiling fans not purchase and installed in Australia are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Fans not installed by a licensed electrician are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Batteries for remote controls and globes for light kits, if supplied, are complimentary only and are not covered by the warranty.
- Any damage incurred to the product after delivery to the owner, that is not caused by a fault in the products’ materials or workmanship; damage from lightning or power surges; damage to the fan due to incorrect installation; damage to the premises due to incorrect installation; noise or other influence of ripple control or information access systems operation over power delivery infrastructure; water damage of any kind; installation or use outdoors; damage arising from connection to or use with alternative power systems (e.g. inverters, solar, etc.) are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Ceiling fans used incorrectly, accidentally damaged, modified in any way or not serviced in accordance with the maintenance instructions are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, any claims for damage to furniture, carpet, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly resulting from a fault ceiling fan will not be meet under this warranty.
- EID Fans P/L reserves the right to charge a service call fee where; there is nothing wrong with the ceiling fan or; the defective operation of the ceiling fan is due to failure of electricity or; the installation is not in accordance with installation instructions and/or applicable local regulations or; the defects have been cause by incorrect application or abuse of the ceiling fan or the damage has been caused by unauthorised persons attempting to repair the fan.
Australian Consumer Law
In addition to your rights under this warranty, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the good repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.